Thursday, August 9, 2012

"Guerilla Studio" - painting on the fly in Boulder

 We spent some time at our favorite friends bungalow in Boulder, CO.  He has a glorious backyard filled with wildflowers and lots of green foliage.  I took it upon myself to set up my studio with two trash receptacles and a hollow core door for the table top.  I love the easel, a tree trunk, PERFECT.  I had so much fun, it felt like the jungle with squirrels and birds checking out what this lady was doing on their turf.  I even had a canopy with the trees above me for the daily afternoon showers.  I figure, if I'm IN nature, feeling it's healing energy, painting nature, it's got to be a super duper dose of sunshine that's a bonus gift hidden in the painting.  Needless to say, "Cowabunga" sold right away so I am going to say it worked perrrrrfectly.  Note to self, sunshine induced paintings zing!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Meg - thanks for 'accidentally' painting pictures of our pooches! My mom about died when we returned from CO and had exact paintings of the dogs.
They are beautiful and perfect in every way.