Sunday, January 25, 2009

I've been coined "The Tinwoman"

If you know me for any length of time you would learn that my favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz. This movie inspires me because for that time period it was a really creative movie (ahead of it's time), the characters are rich and I love the moral of the story. I've always believed that there is no place like home (home in your heart anyway). So, it's been funny to have artists call me that name because I am painting on reclaimed tin.


The tinman wanted a heart so he could feel love. It's funny how sometimes we believe we must have something from the outside world in order to feel love inside. I have been pondering what kind of love I've been searching for and what comes to mind is unconditional love for myself and thus others as well. Seeing the best in people, expecting good to happen, trusting where I am at is perfect and who I am is perfect I think is what it means to me. Whenever I don't feel love remembering it's not something a wizard out there is going to give but a choice I make during each moment of every day. Love myself unconditionally.



I have started writing down an inspirational sentence at my art booth and I am gonna take pix everyday of what I write and send post them. Artists are getting exciting about seeing them now. It's fun. You'll have a couple tomorrow.

No comments: